- Located In the heart of the Sri Lankan Jungle
- Disconnect from your regular life and be one with yourself and environment
- Re-establish your essential connect with Nature
- Have delicious organic Ayurvedic vegetarian meals, mostly gluten free.
- Option to customise Your Yoga Holiday
- Renowned Yoga Teachers
- Different Yoga methods are taught
- Receive a beautiful sarong, made locally, as a gift upon arrival
Subject to availability, all guests may consult the resident Ayurveda doctor, to learn about their state of health from an Ayurveda perspective or to simply satisfy their curiosity. This first consultation is free.
The primary aim of Ayurveda is to balance the body’s energies and restore one’s health and vitality.
07:00am - 07:30am : Tea & fruit
08:00am - 09:45am : Yoga session
10:00am - 12:30pm : Free time, massages, Ayurveda treatments, swimming & relaxing
12:30pm - 13:30pm : Lunch and Relaxation
14:00pm - 15:45pm : Free time, massages, Ayurveda treatments, swimming & relaxing
16:00pm - 17:00pm : Tea, snacks and bonding
17:00pm - 18:30pm : Yoga session
19:30pm - 20:00pm : Dinner and relaxation
Check in : Sunday 12:00pm
Check out : Sunday 10:00am
- Accommodation on a shared basis
- All meals, snacks and drinks
- Two Yoga classes a day (except on arrival – evening class only, departure and excursion days)
- A one-on-one consultation with our resident Ayurveda doctor
- An excursion once a week (1/2 day excursion in Week 1 + a full day in Week 2)
- A one-hour massage per 7 nights' stay
- Laundry service
- The use of bicycles and the hot water bathing area
- Guided walks to local temple
- No Taxes or Service charges and everything is included in the HOLIDAY COST - gracious and priceless hospitality is what The Resort offers.
- Others activities to indulge in - Swimming, Boating, Bicycle rides (free), Walks/Trekking, Wildlife watching, Massage
- Guests will receive a beautiful sarong, as a gift, upon arrival
Note - Tipping is not accepted and there are no additional service charges.
- Travel/Flight costs to and from the resort
- Travel Insurance
- Ayurvedic treatments (selected)
- Entrance fees to cultural sites and outside meals
- Additional massages (These can be arranged with the therapist subject to availability at 295 AED per hour and paid in cash in USD, Sterling pounds, Euros or Sri Lanka Rupees)
Children are welcome, and in general, enjoy the freedom that the resort offers immensely, however there are no special facilities for them, nor do we cater for them especially. In keeping with the spirit of a retreat we discourage babies to come.
- Children aged 3 to 6 years can come at 75% discount
- Children aged 6 to 16 years can come at 50% discount
Additional Ayurvedic Programme prices are as follows
Santhushti - Happiness (3 days) : AED 739
Ashinsanaya - Benediction (5 days) : AED 1109
Sanasuma - Satisfaction (7 days) : AED 1469
Namaskaraya - Salutation (10 days) : AED 2209
Abhishekaya - Coronation (12 days) : AED 2649
All of the Ayurveda programmes begin with detoxification therapies, which consist of preparatory and specialized elimination treatments.
Please note that you need to be at the resort for at least two days before starting an Ayurveda treatment if you have arrived directly from overseas. (to remove Doshas)
- A torch with some spare batteries (a head torch is the best)
- Comfortable cotton clothes, swim wear, an outfit with trousers/long skirt and a long sleeves top (preferably white), for temple visits
- Flip flops/sandals, a pair of light and comfortable walking shoes/sneakers
- Mosquito repellent, sun screen protection, a hat, a beach towel
- There is no cash point near this resort and they do not have the facilities to take credit cards, so please bring along enough USD-$/ Euros to pay for your transport, and any extras (entrance fees to Cultural sites, extra massages if any
- You won’t need much clothing, there’s a free laundry service for everything except for underwear, please don’t bring expensive clothing or jewelry.
Internet: There is no electricity or Wifi at Ulpotha. Internet connection is only possible on an unlocked smartphone with a Sri Lankan sim card (you can get one at the airport at the Dialog shop). Keep your phone switched off to save battery power. The resort has a small solar charger for phones, iPods and cameras.
This Yoga retreat dates can be customized for either 1 week or 2 weeks. The resort is open for half the year, generally between November to March and June to August. Please check with us on firstname.lastname@example.org for the details of the Yoga teacher leading for specific times of the year.
(ALL BOOKINGS AT THIS RESORT ARE SUBJECT TO ONE WEEK MINIMUM STAY - SUNDAY TO SUNDAY)
Please note all tourists arriving in Sri Lanka need to apply online for their entry visas before arrival at the following website: http://www.eta.gov.lk/
The entire process is contained online - you can apply directly, pay for it and receive confirmation online.
*VERY IMPORTANT: Please make sure that your passport is valid for at least 180 days before your date of entry into Sri Lanka otherwise you will be refused entry into the country.
**For further details or to create customized packages do mail us at email@example.com